MaksDaddy Herald

The Prestigeous and critically acclaimed News Bulletin website that provides you with up to the minute news, views and goss as it happens, only later. circa since 1905

Sunday, August 03, 2008

Maks Update 3rd Aug 2008


Picking Maks up at the usual 4pm we were home at 16.30 with traffic being co-operative. The usually sites and sounds were covered with trains, horses, boats, red cars, blue cars, green lights and "daddy stop, it's red".

We'd just walked in through the front door and she started about her puzzle when Donne wanted me to drop her off at her work to meet her colleages. She was extremely shy so after a 5 min hi it was goodbye and back to daddys for a nice warm bath and dressed up warm in her PJs and dressing gown before sitting down for her dinner in between watching Barbie the Island Princess.
Danika came by shortly after to stay the night and the two set about running around back and forth pulling everything out and generally making an all round mess.
Come bed time i put them both down and then crashed myself rather early also, but about 10 mins after I'd put maks down she crept into my room asking to saty with me. So she climbed up and tucked herself into her side watching an episode of Top Gear with me before we both fell asleep.
In the morning I woke up after she'd found my tv remote and turned on the morning cartoon's. As i peered thru tired eyes she was seated upright looking down at me as if to say "what?" and then continued watching what ever cartoon was on.
I'd had a long day prior so I rested until 10am and then we went for a walk down the road to see the ship that my aunty will be going on for the next week. Then we took a bite at McDonalds downtown before getting maks a pair of gum boots at the Warehouse and then we walked home as mom took Danika home. We only stopped by home quickly to grab my car keys as we were going to do some grocery shopping and I once again pointed out where Daddy's office is. On the short drive home maks fell asleep so I carried her upstairs and put her in her bed and ran back down to the car to collect the rest of the shopping. Took a quick power nap myself on the couch before getting maks up and we chilled out for a while giving her time to wake up. Read her a few books and we did a puzzle then its all a bit of a blank.
About 6pm I got her in the bath and her dinner ready and had just finished cooking her dinner when Mom and Danika showed up (Danika was staying another night).
Then I prepared to sit down and wait for Simon to show up so we could watch the rugby which I'm happy to say we played much better and won decisively.
After the rugby we all just relaxed for a while before putting the girls into bed, but maks soon found herself walking into my room with a sad face asking to sleep next to me, to tired to argue or put her back in her bed she again crawled up and fell asleep. Actually I'm not sure who fell asleep first but we had a full day and she was quite exhausted as I think we all were and then comes Sunday.

Sunday was a quiet and basic day, the morning was like any other until we left for the airport to see Goong Goong fly in. I took maks up to the observation deck as we watched flight CX107 come in for landing and then waited for him to process through immigration. He had some time as was transferring to a domestic flight so we went for a bite to eat then maks and I went to the games arcade as she saw a few rides she wanted to go on. She even raced a few cars !!! her first true driving experience and yeah, we'll wait to put her behind a real car =)

Once home, maks continued the nap she started in the car as I put her down and tucked her snuggly into her bed. Just after 4pm I made myself a coffee and arranged all her clothes and we got in the car to drop her back to Donne. As we turned into their road she started crying, she had thought we were going to Aunty kaz's place to see Danika and PohPoh so I reached my hand back to hold her hand as a comfort. Once we pulled into the driveway I leaned back to undo her seatbelt and she quickly climbed over ontop my lap before I'd had a chance to undo my own seat belt. She buried her head in my shoulder so decided to comfort her before putting her jacket on and exiting the car.
That was our weekend in a small nutshell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home