MaksDaddy Herald

The Prestigeous and critically acclaimed News Bulletin website that provides you with up to the minute news, views and goss as it happens, only later. circa since 1905

Sunday, November 12, 2006

The History of Maksdaddy: Education


Over the next few days, with the assistance of Google Earth I will show you in stages, place's I've lived, where I've worked and studied...


I begin the history of Maksdaddy with where I went to school and that starts at a little country school named Dairy Flat Primary. I started there when I turned 5 years of age in J1 and spent time there up until standard four (grade 4). I spent 5 years of my life there and lot's of childhood memories with friends like Nicholas Danks, Andrew Dea's, Melissa and Debbie Wilson, Simon Hallings, Daniel Rich, and many others. A few years back I took our childhood friend Melissa Wilson who now lives in Melbourne Australia for a walk down memory lane when we re-visited our old school and marvelled in how small the chairs/seats were, that the library we thought was HUGE was actually a tiny little room. Peeked in the windows to my old class rooms and they too turned out to be pretty small also which we sat back and laughed once the shock wore off. It was a very small school as it only went as high as Form 2 (intermediate school or Grade 6)

The school has grown moderately since my time there which was over 2 decades ago now (yes i'm that old) but still has all the same earmarked buildings in the same paint scheme as to when I was there right down to the 'square' which was a painted line outside the teachers lounge where the 'naughty' students would have to stand if they'd been misbehaving. We also saw the house team sections of Kowhai, Rimu, Kauri, Puriri to which I was in Kauri.

Dairy Flat Primary is located about 25 minutes north of the harbour bridge, that's a rough estimate on the route you may decide to take but as a rough guide, on the old motorway it's the area just before Silverdale heading northbound.

Unfortunately I did not continue to attend as moved to Kristin where I finished out the remainer of my high school years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home