MaksDaddy Herald

The Prestigeous and critically acclaimed News Bulletin website that provides you with up to the minute news, views and goss as it happens, only later. circa since 1905

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Maks Update November 14th 2006

Monday morning 7am: Phone call from Donne to advise that she was on her way to drop Makayla off and I would take her down to Daycare (our regular ritual if she doesn't stay with me the previous nite). 0750am Donne arrives after a rough time in traffic and we trade one tiny tot for a mocha espresso as thought she might enjoy one to begin her day after starting it in traffic. 0810am I've dropped Maks at daycare and she's gives me a kiss goodbye and another blow kiss and "bye bye daddy" which was enough to set me on my happy way up the road to work. 0830 I'm at my desk attempting to log onto the network. 0850am Still trying to log onto the network. The rest of the day was standard up until about 1530 when a call came through from Makayla's Kindy noting that she had a temperature of 39.4 celcius which by their rules children with temperatures exceeding 39degree's must go home. I contacted Donne straight away to let her know what was happening and she we made a plan that she would meet me at my place and we would walk down together to pick her up. We opted not to go to Starship hospital or have her checked over to begin with and just took her home to rest. For Maks she has a reall go go attitude running all over the place yelling and screaming with large as life smiles. All we saw was a really tired little girl who just wanted her mom and dad. She seemed ok once we got her home until we gave her some strawberries and came up with a few red spots but she started to fade out and we noticed a few more rashes so decided as peace of mind after i'd cooked Donne and Myself dinner to pop up to starship to be sure.
2000hrs we left starship and headed home where Donne took Maks home and would drop her off to me for the morning ritual.
Tuesday Morning 7am: Donne calls to advise she's on her way 0745 Donne arrives and I take Maks down and head in to work early. 0820 attempted log on to the network. 9am Log on acheived. 10am Donne calls to advise that kindy called to note that maks is sick and needs to be picked up again so Donne went to pick her up and I put my leave in to cover a half day today and a day off tomorrow. 11am Spoke with Donne who was going about to have a nap with Maks and would call me when they woke up. 1pm: Donne calls to say that Maks temp has gone over 40 degree's so I bailed from work so we could take her back to Starship. 2pm (approx) Donne picks me up and we head to starship. Maks was really clingy and would cry if either Donne or I were to leave her sight and while she was absolutely tired refused to sleep. She had another dose of Pamol and a good check over with the result being a rather red throat and an ear infection. She was checked over lastnight so 1. they did shit arse job checking it or 2. it sprung up quickly. 5pm we were back at my place and Donne and I were absolutely shattered and maks still refused to sleep. I made us a quick sandwich to build up our strength as we hadn't eated much today before giving maks a bath while I got our dinner ready. 1830hrs. Salad, rice noodles and chicken for dinner whilst watching friends and maks started eating. She hasn't eaten much at all since Sunday when all she had for the day was bread and she took on some fluids as well which we were so happy to see and her smile started to come back too much to our relief.
1915hrs: donne leaves to visit our friend sarah and I rest up reading books and making sure she relaxes. 2000hrs: started to put maks to bed 2030hrs she's finally asleep and I start to relax before Mom calls and almost wakes her up. yes mom you almost did but fortunately I answered quickly and closed her bedroom door in time.
I'm hoping she'll be in high spirits tomorrow....its going to be a long long day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home