MaksDaddy Herald

The Prestigeous and critically acclaimed News Bulletin website that provides you with up to the minute news, views and goss as it happens, only later. circa since 1905

Monday, January 08, 2007

Ending 2006


Finsihing work Friday 22nd December I was off work up until today January 8th 2007.
The first thing we did is played a round of Golf at Gulf harbour (I think was so long ago now) which ended up being a rather disappointing round and the start of loosing my swing over the coming weeks. Was a great day out with the boys though with a good solid breakfast then hitting the range prior to tee-off. Can't quite recall what happend after that but the following week I flew down to christchurch with Maks well enjoying the flight as she looked out the window at all the sights... and we hadn't even taken off. We touched down in Christchurch with Maks still not over her excitement from the flight but she didn't mind it at all, she's a good little flyer.
After sorting out the car seats and the rental cars Karyn and I stopped off at a Burger Kind prior to driving out to Terrace Downs where Maks and I would spend the next 4 days.
The following morning Dad and I hit the course early for a round playing into those formidable northerly winds and again the next two days aswell. The Third day I decided to sleep in with maks so I could take her out that day which we drove out to Lake Coleridge with it's bright blue hued waters and let maks throw stones into the river. We drove up to the village for a nice lunch and let Maks and Danika run around and play for a while as we sat back and relaxed in the setting of mountains, lakes and gardens.
The day of our departure it was raining heavily and snow was forcasted and it's the middle of summer even in the south island.
Donne picked maks and I up from the airport as we landed and we rushed off to McD's for lunch and to foodtown so maks could have a banana. Once I got home I gave maks a cuddle and kiss as was shortly off to Mount Manganui for new years with Simon and Yonne. It was a cruzy drive down and we saw the L&P bottle or as maks would say BOTTY!! !!
We took in a round of golf at Omanu Golf course which was a solid round and LOVED the greens then was back home to continue drinking SPEIGHTS.
The next day I went for a drive around the Mt. and down to Papamoa with Yoni before we drank some more speights. Spent New Years Eve at the Mount in the rain but there was a good covers band playing and Yoni found out after 3 years of marriage that simon was tone deaf and couldn't carry a tune.
That morning as I lay in bed I texted Jeff and Vanessa a happy new years and to give Maks a big hug and kiss for me as she was staying with them while both Donne and I were away, Donne was just up the coast at Waihi.
Then it's still a bit of a blurr as cant' recall what we did next...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home