MaksDaddy Herald

The Prestigeous and critically acclaimed News Bulletin website that provides you with up to the minute news, views and goss as it happens, only later. circa since 1905

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Post New Years Resolutions

My biggest regret is not being able to stick to my target of breaking a 15 handicap at golf. Mind you during the winter periods the ability to shoot a good round can be affected by the conditions on the day and the course itself. No excuse but my skill playing in the wet is not as strong as when I play in pure conditions as was set down two weeks ago when I played Formosa. I broke 90, something I've never done on a course with a slope rating higher than 126 and seeing as though I hadn't played for an entire two months prior to hitting the course with absolutely no warm up made me feel quite accomplished. I finished the 15th par three and walked off loading up the score and realised I was 16 over and would need to par the next 3 holes to break my handicap of 17 and it was the par 5 up next. I shot a sweet long drive straight down the middle and for the first time I was actually in reach of the green in two yet I pulled it left into the greenside left bunker playing out and two putt for par.
My nemesis 17th hole was next and for the first time I didn't end up in my usual shyte position in the gully instead finding a fairway bunker. Jason said, "go for it Mike" so I pulled a four iron and smacked it short and right of the green with a chip and 1 putt for par. So far so good, final 18th hole put me left of the fairway, pulling an 8 iron to far left but got on to make par ending the round with an 88 breaking 90 and holding at 16 over par.

Other resolutions - well some I accomplished some I didn't, will post 2007 resolutions in 3 weeks time. I feel that if I post them on the website I'm putting them out there and it's not just an idea but an affirmative action.

Stay tuned

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home