MaksDaddy Herald

The Prestigeous and critically acclaimed News Bulletin website that provides you with up to the minute news, views and goss as it happens, only later. circa since 1905

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Engagement Annoucement

Whilst sitting at home putting my feet up after polishing off my dinner I received a phone call from Melbourne Australia from a childhood friend Mel.

Melissa Wilson the youngest daughter of Keith and Margaret and sibling of Debbie and Aunty of little matty advised me that she just got engaged. Sorry that sentance started off like an obituary.
Taking a little bit of a back step, My mother and Marg first met when they worked in a bank and later with their partners moved into a house on the same road as us so we all grew up as childhood friends. They all reside in Melbourne now and I've had the chance to visit them on two occaisions now. When Mel came back to NZ for her last visit I recall we went to our old primary school and just amazed that some things still remained. Peering into the school rooms seeing the tiny chairs we used to sit in was a total knock on reality and how we've all changed over time.

Anyway, as I sat back with Mel telling me of the proposal done over dessert all I could think is "its about time!!!" 7 years - geez your almost as bad as Stef and Carl =)

So CONGRAT'S and I'm awaiting my wedding invitation

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home