MaksDaddy Herald

The Prestigeous and critically acclaimed News Bulletin website that provides you with up to the minute news, views and goss as it happens, only later. circa since 1905

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

PROPERTY HUNT

Last week I joined my friend Simon and his Wife Yonee on the property hunt around auckland. The first property we viewed was a property development named Fiore. The interior design was very modern and had several key attributes and under the new building consent was fairly sizable. However location and design factors had be somewhat concerned with not only the exterior appeal but it would be built right next door to the Auckland City Mission for the homeless with an asking price off the plan in the High $400's. The second inner city apartment we viewed was an established two b/rm at H57 on Hobson street which is about 2 years old now. I first looked at this property off the plan in 2000-2001 and liked several ideas in particular the option of taking out the idea of a pool and installing a DVD theatre able to be booked and used by residents to watch movies on a large screen. This idea kept the body corp fee's down to a minimum and I liked the appeal of this. Also got to view the carpark for the first time and was very impressed with the expansive size as have never seen a carpark of this magnitude before. However a major draw back for me there were far too many apartments per level for only 2 internal lifts to operate and I wasn't at all pleased with the interior design, layout or furniture packages. So I moved to purchse at 1Hobson purchasing a 1 b/rm apartment and carpark with a $10k furniture package all for $300k which I still believe to this day as a brillient price. I purchased one carpark for $30k and kicking myself for not getting two as carpark prices have increased in value surprisingly over the past few years.
Both apartments we looked at were selling car parks on average of $58k each which you can see I'm rather gutted when our family was offered to purchase a carpark last year for $25k I'm rather disappointed but funds weren't available at the time.
The hunt still continues...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home