MaksDaddy Herald

The Prestigeous and critically acclaimed News Bulletin website that provides you with up to the minute news, views and goss as it happens, only later. circa since 1905

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The History of maksdaddy - Education


Two down and Two to go:

The next institution is IHI or the International Hospitality institute which was an american hotel management school affiliated to the institute in America.

located in Bangkok, Thailand I started my first course there just before I turned 18 and covered culinary training and got my first insight to the professionally run kitchen. I was hooked as had always enjoyed cooking and still very much do when i get the chance or the funds to do a nice meal. Trouble is finding worthy people to enjoy my culinary delights.

I had returned to New Zealand to catch up with a few friends and see family over christmas before returning to continue my studies. During this time I made several good friends who loved to party but their idea of a party was to go to an exclusive night club and stand there popping their heads to the early techno of the early 90's and sip on a chivas regal. This might've been nice but I was 18 years old and hitting night clubs where I wouldn't have to spend a single cent and be at the most expensive and most exclusive night club in the entire bangkok area....which is HUGE.
I would be picked up in my friends volve or bmw and taken to Taurus, A night club that housed under one roof, a reception area, a jazz club, a discotec, fine dining restaurant and a sushi bar whcih for a young kid from a country background in NZ was all too taken by it all and it became a regular weekend event for a very long time.
Here I am supposed to talking about the school but really it was the social aspect which got to me as it was such a huge city.
I attended the school for just under one and a half years roughly when as part of the degree had to work 6 months at a hotel. I chose Club Aldiana and German chain much like the French run Club Med. I will cover this in a later blog.
I try to remember what the outlay of the school was, but it was only a small building like an office where I can only make out the study rooms from my memory. i have a bigger memory of the lunch periods which I would walk down the road to buy lunch from a rough tin shack which often it wouldn't be surprising to find a big bug in it considering its location. picture our pieces of corrigated iron held up together and a larger corrigated iron room placed on top in the middle of a filthy dirt patch and you got it. Another memory is having the hottest spiciest food EVER that my face went flushed, my eyes watered and my hearing went. I had run next door to the diary to buy some ice cream that felt like it melted before I got it into my mouth. So it's the more fun times that i remember than anything else

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home