MaksDaddy Herald

The Prestigeous and critically acclaimed News Bulletin website that provides you with up to the minute news, views and goss as it happens, only later. circa since 1905

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

So close yet so far

Last Friday I shot my best score to date with 5 over a 69 par.

The course for the day was Chamberlain Park, apparently New Zealand's busiest public course. Some basic facts, the course for it's amount of play isn't in the best condition however it's of this that the course ins't is a bad shape. The course is frequented by many hackers to whom many not familiar with golf etiquette but we overlook that for now.

The round I started off playing safe after several terrible rounds in previous weeks out and hit a bogey on the second and I thought "oh here we go again..." but then I shot an even round for the front after securing a birdy on the thrid hole. The back started off with par then bogey before a birdy on 13 and all going to plan until the 15th when I encountered some tree's and shot a triple bogey (I hate tree's) then bogey's on 16 and 18th which put my handicap to 16.1 down from 16.5

I played a Takapuna yesturday and shot 9 over and could've done better if not distracted by the hackers in my grouping. As an example they started talking and moving around as I was taking my eagle shot which was most disappointing and I made them most aware of ALL golfing etiquette after that.

So I need at least 3 more good scores under my handicap to secure a 15 handicap

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home