MaksDaddy Herald

The Prestigeous and critically acclaimed News Bulletin website that provides you with up to the minute news, views and goss as it happens, only later. circa since 1905

Thursday, July 05, 2007

The Day after

It was a solem day yesterday as I came into work for all of 5 minutes before turning around and walking back out the door. The late nights up for the America's Cup viewing has left my tired and worn down allowing energy levels to drop and give an opening window for the flu going around to get a grip on me.

As noted below I was at the Halsey street shed to watch what turned out to be the final race of the America's cup. Constant texting with Carl in Valencia and Steve Jennings giving our comments and feedbacks and remorse once the penalty was given against ETNZ.

Afterwards as I texted Carl who went over to ValNZia to support our boys I was approached by a TV3 reporter and interviewed about my feelings of the race. It was apparently aired last night on TV3 which I unfortunately missed as was crashed out in bed most of the day and crawled into bed once the sun went down and the living room got colder.

It was all about 'what if's' during that race, Terry mentioned the decision to take the left gate will haunt for a very long time. But we can't dwell on the 'what if's' and only look to the future and getting it back in 3 years time.

The main loss I see we will have is that our tune up helmsman Ben Ainslie has signed on with the British (yes, they are once again back in the running), which means that one of our stronger skippers leaves. Ainslie is a remarkable sailor and was also apart of the 2003 TNZ campaign, however he must move on as Barker will still man the helm.

The next cup will be scheduled for 2010 I'm expecting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home