MaksDaddy Herald

The Prestigeous and critically acclaimed News Bulletin website that provides you with up to the minute news, views and goss as it happens, only later. circa since 1905

Thursday, January 03, 2008

New Year

Well didn't make to well on the 07 resolutions so not setting any this year.
Brought the new year in standing outside my apartment holding Makayla in my arms as we waited for the fireworks to start off the sky tower.
Makayala didn't much like the fireworks mostly due to the loud banging noices so we promptly had to head back upstairs where I put her to bed and followed suit 5 minutes later.

Recap.

On December 27th Makayla and I flew down to Christchurch with Mom and Danika to meet Dad where we'd spend a few days at Terrace Downs. Seemed a short flight with Maks peeking out the window to see everything, pointing at this n that and seeking my attention, All before we left the boarding gate.
Once the plane reved up she got a little startled so I just held her tight but as soon as we were in the air she was fine.
The sun set's wel after 9pm in the south island so it was very much still light when we arrived and remained so for a while and once the sun went down (loosing track of time) we put Danika and Maks to bed and for the first time we thought we'd try putting them in the same room. Takes a while to get them rested as they run on two seperate time frames. Maks fell asleep first and danika followed about an hour later. Then I put my head down after reading one page of a book Simon got me about golf LOL. Woke up around 1-2am when maks stirred and ended up crawling into my bed where I think I fell asleep again before her by a micro second.
Dad and I played a few rounds of golf while there and Maks and Danika had their usual fun play time together and boy it's an effort to keep a track of them both.
They both had a real good time together like a 24 hour kindy for two as they danced, draw pictures, laughed, ran around, fought, hugged, laughed some more.... Bedtime for me became a relief as a solid rest period.
We flew back on the 31st after finding out what airline Mom had booked us on and this time maks wasn't at all worried about the noise of the engine roaring down the tarmac. We arrived and were picked up by Donne and took the tiki tour back to my place. Maks went back with Donne so she could spend some time with her before dropping her back later, and meant i could un-pack and get some rest before doing some grocery shopping. I met up with Donne and the Moult's down at the ferry terminal as they were taking the new years cruise. After hiking back up the road we went to Simon and Yoni where Maks loved to play with Choco (kitten) for hours n hours. Apart from Choco, she was the other star attraction.
That almost brings us up to date apart from the leave of absence for the past few months of updates.

take care and enjoy the new year

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home