MaksDaddy Herald

The Prestigeous and critically acclaimed News Bulletin website that provides you with up to the minute news, views and goss as it happens, only later. circa since 1905

Monday, August 18, 2008

Maks Update 18th August 2008

Donne kept Maks at home from kindy on Friday as her cough just hasn't been getting any better taking her to the doctors the night before. Shes still full of beans with enough energy to run rampant its just a matter of getting that cough under proper management. So after a quick practise round of golf as Chamerberlain Park, I drove on over to pick her up. Once in the car we drove off home where at one point I was ordered to slow down as I was driving too fast. I replied, sweetie, I'm only going 50kph in a 50k area so I'm not going fast a all. Following that comment I was then directed to go faster, while that warmed my heart, I had to explain the rules of the road but was intereupted as she screamed "LOOK, Train !!!! I found a train for you LOOK Daddy" Then my explanation had to switch to "I'm driving, must keep my eyes on the road".

We stopped off at Foodtown on the way home to top up with something for us to eat over the weekend she was a great help in assisting me. Stacking everything in the trolley and handing them over when we reached to checkout counter. She pointed to my office as we walked down the ramp to the car park saying in a loud voice that I work in that building.

Once home I smartly started on dinner and about 20 minutes later her cousin came trhu the door with PohPoh. THe two started about their usual games of Hide n seek, What's the time Mr. Wolf, chasing games, drawing, puzzles, books, cutting paper, making a general mess, jumping, fighting, laughing.... and so on and so on.
Once again due to the weather and Maks cough I kept her mostly indoors with a little bit on saturday outside so she could get some fresh air.

Her and Danika were quite the little terrors this weekend and both at some stage had to be disciplined and placed in the corner. Danika, was not as accustomed to stern discipline as Maks is and fought loud and hard but in the end I won =)
One point I had to put the two down in seperate corners in different rooms so they would calm down. I would usually carry Maks to her corner and sit with her and explain what she had done and why it was wrong so she can think it over while her 3 minutes ticks over. She pretty good that way, for at least a good half hour at least =) before she forgets what we've discussed, oh well, joys of parenthood i Spose.

I look on these times as a blessing cos I know once the adolecent years kick in we'll be in for a rude awakening :=)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home