MaksDaddy Herald

The Prestigeous and critically acclaimed News Bulletin website that provides you with up to the minute news, views and goss as it happens, only later. circa since 1905

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Maks update Saturday 27th 2008


Today I woke up early as had to run into work for a few hours to see if I could make a few more deals as running tight on my monthly targets. Once home i picked maks up from my sisters house and we went to spend a lovely day with friends Lana, Steve and their 1 year old Jade.

We arrived to find Jade enjoying a little snack meal and making a right mess of it too. Ah yes I remember those days which seem like a lifetime ago but was only 2 years ago that I was in the same situation. We jumped into the one car and drove out to devonport where the kids had fun in the park shown in the photos placed here, here and there. We spent maybe 15 or 30 mins in the park on swings, slides, see-saws and blowing bubbles before we jumped back in the car heading back to lana's stopping off to pick up some food on the way. We met Steve there as he'd spent the morning helping his boss move house so we just chilled out with the kids having fun. Lana turned on the Wii game and i attempted to teach Maks how to bowl which wasnt all that succesful but she enjoyed it nonetheless.


Time was creaping on so I piled maks into the car and told her that she could take a nap so I could make a quick stop off at the auckland fish market and get us some dinner. Once home I cradled her up in my arms putting her down in her bed to sleep. I cleaned up the place a little before I got tired and turned the tv on but it was already set on the kids program and maks hearing the familiar sounds to one of her favourite programs quickly rose from her slumber and ran out into the lounge saying "my program" all before I had time to settle down in relax mode and change the channel. DANGIT, now i was stuck with her channel so I let it run as she jumped up on the couch next to me and took the remote off me.

When the evening finally set it I started about her dinner as she sat back watching Barbie the Island Princess, AGAIN, only cos she enjoys it so much and now likes to sing along to the songs. I cooked up the fish which she ate infront of her barbie movie as I watched the sports channel with no sound and finished my dinner. Once i'd let our meals rest I drew her bath and gave her a good scrub down and washed her hair which is about the time that simon showed up ready to watch the Warriors game. It was now about 08.30pm as I sat maks infront of me drying her hair then tied it back out of her face as we all sat back watching episode 5 of The Long Way Down which maks enjoyed for part of before climbing up over me and rested her head down on my shoulder snuggling down and was fast asleep about 5 mins later. i held her there keeping each other warm until the rugby came on which is when I tucked her into bed giving her a kiss on her forehead before sitting back to watch the Warriors suffer a humiliating defeat kissing their hopes of making the grand finale goodbye.
The game was that bad that it was easy for me to pop up out of my seat to check on maks to make sure she hadn't kicked her blankets off during her slumber. It actually came to the point that we changed channels all before the game finished as we couldn't bear it any longer.

Maks had a great sleep and was ready for sunday...

SUNDAY
About 11am I dressed her in one of her favourite dresses and we jumped in the car and met up with Simon and Yoni at the Takapuna markets walking around seeing what was on offer but there wasn't much time left as several stores were already packing up but they did buy a few items. Afterwards we walked through the mall where I bought maks a lovely hot chocolate as I enjoyed my latte. Afterwards we all took a walk around the mall after I let maks take a ride on Thomas the Tank engine. Each store we entered (or didnt) shed run rampant backwards and forwards here there and everywhere. Once in the car I thought that after running around so much shed want a nap but she didn't even after we got home so at about 2pm I took her for a walk down the road. We walked down around the Ferry building and then across and around the viaduct looking at all the boats which her mind racing away asking questions about different boats. About halway home I picked her up and she snuggled her head down on my shoulder and went to sleep, YAY, so once in the door I placed her down for a good nap. When she woke up her aunty kaz was visiting with Danika but she still ran around to me sitting on the couch and threw her arms around me not caring about the guitar i was holding and the fact she gave me no time to put it down.
She and Danika enjoyed watching the Island Princess again in more of a singalong mode as they didnt care much for the movie just wanted me to play the songs.

They both enjoyed that for a time before I changed her clothes and got her ready to go back to Donne's. She hugged and kissed everyone goodbye then skipped her way out the door. Thats my weekend with my Princess, seems like forever in between the times we see each other but once together its like nothings changed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home