MaksDaddy Herald

The Prestigeous and critically acclaimed News Bulletin website that provides you with up to the minute news, views and goss as it happens, only later. circa since 1905

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

New Auckland Logo

I woke up this morning reaching over to my bedside to grab my remote for the tv and tunned into Breakfast tv and whilst laying back building up energy to hurl myself out from the warmth and comfort of my bed I listened to a report that Auckland has spent $170k plus on rebranding a new logo.
Now before I go further I should explain that wellington uses a whispy font with the slogan 'Positively Wellington' and Christchurch has a soft green background with subtle font with the slogan 'the garden city'.

The new logo (which I cannot find anywhere on the net-hopefully a good sign) is a large captial A in full blast red with parts of the side being stratched out, and AUCKLAND written boldly beneath all on a white background and no slogan is present. Its a horrid and aggresive looking design and cant believe my tax paid money is being spent in such a fashion. The shear sight of it and when you lay your eyes on it too (hopefully you never do) you'll get the impression that Auckland is a rage of fury and so are its people.
Only after they debated it for a while on Breakfast tv that they were advised that it was to signify Rangitoto erupting and even they said "where do you get that?."

While they at it, why dont they make the colour grey and solem for that is what auckland is to our tourists, a totally depressing city. Check out blogs, facebook or bebo and you'll read peoples comments on the city.

Why spend $170+k taking away our slogan, City of Sails? Why would you do that, especially now that Auckland is set to host an America's Cup type race sponsoured by Louis Vuitton (not affiliated with the America's Cup). Makes no sense at all, its just inconceivable.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home