MaksDaddy Herald

The Prestigeous and critically acclaimed News Bulletin website that provides you with up to the minute news, views and goss as it happens, only later. circa since 1905

Sunday, September 07, 2008

Fathers Day 2008

Makayla's little voice came across the phone with a "happy fathers day" telling me that she had made me a lovely blue card but I couldnt see it.

Sometime around noon..ish Donne dropped Makayla to me at Mission Bay where we met with Mom, Kaz and Danika for lunch. Just before we met up with the trio we walked across the park as Maks suddenly and randomly announced "I'm beautiful, and Danika's beautiful..." I didnt know what to say as it caught me off guard but I swooped her up in my arms with a "you sure are" =)

I decided to take lunch in at Portifino's as the girls sat quietly still and reserved for at least a minute or so. Maks (via mom) gave me a 'My Dad' book so I sat Maks on my lap as we read the book together showing Danika the pictures as we flipped through the pages. We enjoyed a lovely lunch but once the meal was put down we were going to head up to the Domain as it was just to windy at mission bay and I had maks bike n helmet in the boot of my car. But as we headed back the weather started to turn so we headed back home where I tried to put maks down for a nap but she had far to much energy. about half an hour before I planned to take maks back to the Moults I decided to sit down with her again and teach her how to write her name. I purchased a doodle book for her to draw in so we used several pages to practice the M A & Ks in her name. Shes improving bit by bit and if we stay focussed I think we could have it nailed in no time. I praised her for her great work and they were pretty good letters so I'm proud that she stuck it out.

We got in the car as my little back seat driver set about trying to find a white car, then a blue car. Later we joked about her sucking her thumb, I'd mention that daddy doesnt suck his thumb and she replied what about cars? Cars dont have thumbs sweetie I would laugh. What about trees? No they dont have thumbs either but they do have limbs I joked back in reply which was returned by, why dont cars have thumbs!!.
This jokingly went on for another 2 minutes before we broke into a song. I was told that I was singing it wrong and it should be sung like she sang it.

later that afternoon after dropping maks home, I went to see a movie my Sister had given me $20 to go see with strict instructions. The movie is called Tropic Thunder so I raced on out to get a ticket, take in a quick dinner bite then run into the theater. I have a few things to say, it was a great idea for a movie but was ruined by Ben Stiller I'm sorry to say. Took me a while to recognise Tom Cruise in make up and loved the fact that Robert Downey Jnr's character played so much on Russell Crowe.

All n all it was a quiet fathers day but very nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home