MaksDaddy Herald

The Prestigeous and critically acclaimed News Bulletin website that provides you with up to the minute news, views and goss as it happens, only later. circa since 1905

Friday, July 29, 2005

Labour goes for 0% interest

New Zealands Labour party have declared that they will place student loans at 0% interest. How this will benefit new zealand universities and or the over economic profile of the country will then be placed back on the shoulders of the tax payers. The problems I foresee are that if loans are not gaining interest it will place minimal need for future and current students to pay back their loans. Why would they want to if there is no interest bearing on their accounts. I haven't read too much into this at the moment as will only become a true real problem should labour be relected. Personally I admit that I have voted for labour once in the past but have normally voted for national albeit it this year I'm not too happy with either's policies. I'd prefer to place the religeous order of the Jedi Council to keep the peace and regulate our policies.
This report brought to you by this dashing young fellow

4 Comments:

  • At 1:00 am , Blogger Mary said...

    awww shucks, aren't u just cute in that photo :-P

    Sounds like you've had a busy week, so you deserve the sunday golf :-)

    have a good weekend!
    Oh ... and check out my blog, its rather boring right now cos I just started it, but yeah ... have a look :-)

     
  • At 1:04 am , Blogger Mary said...

    oh yeah, guess i mite need to give u the url for my one if u gonna look at it ay? www.theadventuresofmary.blogspot.com .... yeah really unoriginal i know, but hey it works :-)

     
  • At 2:21 am , Blogger Lori said...

    Mike,

    Thanks for visiting my blog and for your comments...much appreciated! The cat on the pole...funny, wasn't it? I had been out in our yard and saw her sitting up there like that. I hurried to get my camera and amazingly enough, she hadn't hopped down yet. With the sunset in the background it was a great photo opportunity! My niece went to NZ on a student ambassador trip a couple of summers ago and she really loved it. Looking forward to reading more!

     
  • At 8:12 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    the zero interest loans will put the country in a bad pasition. It will make lhe loanee's less concerned with paying the loans back, and will end up giving the students free party money. Give ACT the party vote inthe election an make it ffair for all. Lower taxes and more private rights. Pay the loan of earlier with a lower tax rate. Labour is trying to buy votes with this policy. It is dangerous. Puntiki

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home