MaksDaddy Herald

The Prestigeous and critically acclaimed News Bulletin website that provides you with up to the minute news, views and goss as it happens, only later. circa since 1905

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Mom's Farewell

Tommorrow mom fly's back to Hong Kong where she will take up her position as the official NZ tour guide to relatives and friends who visit Hong Kong.
Tonight after Donne dropped makayla off to spend sometime time with her nutty granny, we went down to my aunties for dinner with Jake, Karyn and Danika in tow. A lovely dinner once again, cheers betty and stephen, truly needed a wholesome meal after a hectic week that left us all to tired to cook a decent meal for dinner. Grandmother and Grand-daughter are now spending some nice quality time together and I've truly enjoyed watching mom with her and seeing them bond. Its important for grandparents to spend time with their grandchildren, not only does it give the parents a good break :-) but its wonderful to see the bond's they make. I have a photo of dad and princess sleeping together on the sofa which is a funny photo to treasure. Small keepsakes are a wonderous thing but I'm going to force myself to restrict what I keep but think I will find that difficult. Mom still has most of the things karyn and I did as kids which we thought was silly to do but as we get older and of course have kids of our own now its only all to easy to understand why you wish to hold on to small trinkets.
"Bless her little cotten softs"

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home