MaksDaddy Herald

The Prestigeous and critically acclaimed News Bulletin website that provides you with up to the minute news, views and goss as it happens, only later. circa since 1905

Friday, November 18, 2005

Hong Kong


Arrived in Hong Kong on Monday night (Nov 14th) with Donne and our darling daughter in tow. So what adventures did we get up too whilst here? Well Donne wanted to experience the shopping side to hong kong, and did she shop!! :-)
Tuesday we went for a walk with the kids down to the water front to look out over the waterfront towards Hong Kong Island and took some photos. Then it was off to Hard Rock Cafe for a nice lunch (its tradition, I go everytime I'm here) why? who knows, good food perhaps. Then it was back home to rest the kids (Makayla and Danika) and rest ourselves as well, gets pretty tiring rushing around after two kids. That night we went to the night markets where Donne bought a few things such as hand bag, shoes and watch to start and then the shopping was continued the following day at stanley markets. We caught the number 6 bus which goes over the hills and not through the tunnel which I think I won't do again as the drivers are nuts, or the shocks need replacing on the buses, or both. It was at this point I was really starting to feel the effects of the flu I caught from Donne and Miekie on the flight over from Auckland which meant that when they went to the night markets again I was not feeling well enough to go. But Donne managed to score a few more buys and she's a great shopper getting lots of not only great stuff but good bargins too.
Last day now, so we decided to show Donne and Miekie around Hong Kong so we took the MTR to Admiralty and from there walked up through Hong Kong Park towards the avery and then to the playground for the kids to have a little fun.
Then it was back to pack the bags for Joburg, time just flew by so fast that it was lastnight that we dropped Donne and Miekie off at the airport and that in one hours time I'm off to play golf in China, so best get packing now

2 Comments:

  • At 1:33 pm , Blogger Rob Good said...

    I should have had you meet up with Cathy bugger.... I guess you are back in NZ now.... Are you not meant to be in NYC Cathy? HAPPY BIRTHDAY CATHY.

     
  • At 10:18 pm , Blogger Mike J. Stark said...

    Yeah that would've been a great idea. prob is tho I had the flu and wasn't up for much the last week. Just spent it with my daughter as I won't be seeing her for a month

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home