MaksDaddy Herald

The Prestigeous and critically acclaimed News Bulletin website that provides you with up to the minute news, views and goss as it happens, only later. circa since 1905

Sunday, March 19, 2006

In the Beginning

Like every story told there is always a beginning, I guess for this story its a matter or where to begin. I could start at the first moment I was concious today at 02:30 when I suddenly woke and so seeing that I was somewhat awake, decided to check if Makayla was warm in bed as she usually likes to move about and kick off her blankets. As I staggered through the dimly lit living space and into her room I focussed my eye's to my best ability given that I hadn't bothered to put my glasses on yet could clearly see she was comfortably snug under her blankets. I pushed her hair out of her eyes and retreated quietly to my bed where I fell asleep almost as fast as I'd woken.
I woke again at 04:40 and repeated what I'd done only 2 hours prior this time more instinctively than shear will. At 6am I was awake as I'd forgotten to reset my alarm clock and it went off an hour early and this time I stayed awake in bed mentally planning the day out.
After an hour of cautious and meticulour mental prep it was time to put theory into practise. I showered and dressed quickly then as Makayla was fortunately awake I changed her and fed her a nice breakfast before dressing her. After all that it was a mad rush to find all the items I'd mentally gathered to take with me for the day.
8am **Ding Dong***
Simon was at the door, so I let him in quickly then came back inside to finish my final prep which didn't take me very long to complete and even had some spare time.
Why the rush so early in the morning? Well I had mentioned to Simon several weeks ago that we were going to do Round the Bays, Regular readers to this blog will be familiar with this.
Summary: Round the bays starts on Quary street at the bottom of Auckland's Central Business District where the course follows the 8.4 road that outlines the 5 or so bay's to St. Helliers.
We left my apartment at about 08:15 and passed burger king so I could get a very unhealthy breakfast, but in all honesty I neither had any food at my place and even if I did was too concerntrated on Makayla.
Before the race was started with the countdown and the starters cannon fired by the NZ Army there were a few announcements and attempts at some world guiness records, I contributed by lacing my shoes in a double knot. There were also some words said my NZs prime minister Helen Clarke.
As the race started it was noted that those people walking are to be on the left and the runners to the right. This rule was followed for about the first kilometer and then went to hell after that. The pace I was walking whilse pushing a trundler with a baby in it was at times the same pace as some people walking so I said "Stuff this... lets run" but that took on many problems as your crowded and blocked in by people running at all types of different paces and pushing a trundler through them isn't the easiest of applications.
With the trundler and Simon helping me out on sections we crossed the finish line in about 1 hours and 10 mins easy with makayla sleeping comfortably for the first half.
Then it was off to Glover park to which we didn't stay long as we were pretty tired by that stage but we did catch up with Leighann and Lauren whom did the race with Team heritage hotels whereas Simon and I were part of the Mad Butchers team.
Now Simon and I had planned ahead and thought ourselves pretty smart that the night before we took my car and dropped it off so we'd have transport on the way back...
We parked it in an area that was not designated as a no parking zone but aparantly the Auckland City Council thought other wise and decided to tow my car anyway, leaving me stranded with no way to get home without a car seat for Makayla.
I phone the towing company to which not much assistance as you can imagine was received and I WILL be contacting the ACC with much fury indeed.
To which left me one only option and that was to call Donne to see if she could pick us up. Donne if you ever read this, thank you heaps much appreciated.
Anywayz back to bickering about the Auckalnd City Council, We walked down the road to where we had the car parked when Simon turned to me and said "Dude where's your car?" to which I replied "Dude... where's my car?" the rest was reminicent of you know what movie but by no means was it humourous. I called the police whom informed me that ACC had removed my car.
I'm going to save my rage now for tomorrow when i contact the ACC in absolute disgust.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home