MaksDaddy Herald

The Prestigeous and critically acclaimed News Bulletin website that provides you with up to the minute news, views and goss as it happens, only later. circa since 1905

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Formosa Saturday July 7th 2007

Was an early start with a tee time booked for 8am at Formosa Golf Club in Beachlands located about 30-35 mins from Auckland City (provided traffic is at its lightest).

Wasn't the happiest of rounds however there were certain facaets I came away happy about. The weather cooperated with no rain but the rain had made its makr on the course with very wet fairways making play increasingly difficult and distance being hampered by the inability to play any bump and runs instead forced to focus largely on distance control.

Ended with a disappointing 96 which is almost double my handicap so displeased about that, but the main part I felt accomplished by was my putting where I've always struggled in the past. Over the past month I've done alot of work on it and for the first time I didn't feel the pressure under the pressurised putts. Usually my head gets into it and hands start to shake knowing you've got the 8ft putt for par and nerv's set in and you more than likely stuff up the put.
For the first time I was able to stand over the ball, set my target and make my putt in relative comfort sticking to my preshot routine and doing it the same as if I was putting at home, in the office or a practise green. Keep the routine the same everytime and you will feel more at ease over the ball under pressure putts every time.

Purchased a good investment in some wet weather pants on Friday which were perfect and meant I came off the course dry, unlike the others soaked from the Knee down. Recommend Stay-dri pants from the Boy's at Golf Down Under located on Albert Street, Auckland NZ.
They are something I'd wished I had've purchased a long time ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home