MaksDaddy Herald

The Prestigeous and critically acclaimed News Bulletin website that provides you with up to the minute news, views and goss as it happens, only later. circa since 1905

Monday, July 23, 2007

Maks Updaty July 23rd 2007

After leaving early just after 3pm enroute to pick makayla up from kindy, I stopped off to get fuel across from Simon's work to look for some cars for my cousin to see what would interest her on the yard. After quick coffee jumped back in the car and enjoyed my time back in the Friday afternoon traffic and got there about half four. I found her sitting in the playground with a friend and chatting on two toy cell phone's in each hand. I stood on the deck watching her play for a while until she noticed me screaming "Daddy!! my daddy !!" and ran across the playground into my arms wrapping her small arms around me demanding I pick her up. We popped inside so she could put the toy phones away and as I went to find some tissues to wipe her nose she'd found her bag and was dragging it across the floor towards me, a clear indication she wanted to go home.
Jumping in the car we stopped by Donne's house to see if Nanna was there so I could pick up her medicine but alas no one was home so we jumped back in the car and took the usual bak roads home to avoid the traffic. This route also took us past Foodtown on Quay Street where I could stock up on food items to cook her over the weekend. We got home about half 5 in the afternoon/evening as the sun was setting. Donne was picking her car up at that time so was able to see maks breifly before she left.
So we bundled up the groceries and headed upstairs and it was straight into cooking her dinner before I lost the energy and momentum. Can't recall what I cooked her but she did enjoy it heatedly. Then it was a bath and ready for bed early but we stayed up watching sport and kids programs untill she fell asleep when I transferred her into her little bed holding the penguin she so adores.

As usual she woke at around 4am screaming for me so I calmed her down and put her head back down before crawling back to my own bed and a blink of the eye later it was 6am and she was at my bedside trying to climb up, made difficult since one has was firmly grasping her penguin. Then we slept till about 9am when we got up to have breakfast. The weather was awful so didn't want to venture out anywhere seeing as though she'd not fully recovered from the flu/virus she's had the past couple of weeks and still had a full on runny nose.
Later that night Simon Yoni Karyn and Danika popped around so I cooked dinner for all and we watched the rugby where the All Blacks one over the Aussies (NICE). Karyn had trouble putting danika to sleep so missed all but the last 5-10 minutes of the match, Makayla slept right through all of Danika's tantrums, she truly is a light sleeper. Maks rose for about 10 min's and ran into my arms with tears in her eyes and snuggled her head into my shoulder then had a few smiles as Kaz, Danikam Simon & Yoni were leaving and then fell asleep in her bed with her penguin.

I kept her at home all weekend taking her out side for fresh air when the rain and wind stopped but mostly we read books over and over and over.... and over, sang song's like baa baa black sheep, twinkle twinkle little star, the wheels on the bus, she doesn't however like Humpty Dumpty for some reason.

Was trying to teach her who Tiger Woods was this weekend pointing to the TV when ever he came on saying "Look, Tiger" but she got confused and ran to her book to show me a picture of a proper Tiger, "That's a tiger daddy".
Can't fool her, too smart for her old man.

I thought she'd like to watch some kids programs to we watched Mickey Mouse and then the Wiggles came on and she didn't want to watch it "No watch Wiggles daddy, no like" I asked "What would you like to watch then?"
"Golf !!" was her reply, makes her daddy so proud :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home