MaksDaddy Herald

The Prestigeous and critically acclaimed News Bulletin website that provides you with up to the minute news, views and goss as it happens, only later. circa since 1905

Monday, July 16, 2007

Maks Update July 16th 2007

After work I jumped straight in my car and off to pick up the little princess. On arriving I found her slumped over her grandfather and not looking very well at all. I held her in my arms and some small life came to her when she came to me. I knew something was up as she always runs into my arms and this time she barely had energy to run or walk instead just put her head straight down on my shoulder and lay there.
I had planned to do some groceries on the way back home but she wasn't well enough to got through all the changes temperatures of the supermarket so we went straight home.
Once we walked in the door she ran to get her penguin (as she normally does) so that showed she was happy to be home and had small amounts of energy but still fell slump in my arms shorty after. Simon and Yoni came over to join me in watching the All Blacks vs the Springboks and Maks joined us in watching the first half before I put her to bed during the half time and she went straight to sleep. At that time I felt that she was feeling quite warm so I took some of her clothes off to help cool her down. I took her temerature and it was 38.7c so I took all her clothes off and lay her out on her bed as she cuddled penguin and dozed back off to sleep. I sat there for a while sitting on the floor next to her bed for comfort until I returned to the living room to watch some golf. I popped my head in every few mins to check how she was doing if at least just to pop my head in the door. I gave it an hour and it had risen to 39.5c which is alarmingly high which she woke with a cough so I gave her a cool cup of water and some pamol and nursed her back to sleep. She wasn't looking too well at this stage so I texted Donne to let her know what was up, felt guilty as she was out at a company ball she was invited too for Flight Centre but knew she'd prefer to know. They had baby chicken on the menu?!?! that's about one mouthful.
Maks temperature dropped to 38.4c by the time I had decided to turn into bed just after 1am as kept an eye on her temperature until it started to stabalise. By morning she had slept it till about 10am which I allowed as her body needed to recooperate and I was very much still very tired but I checked her tempt first thing and it was back to normal and her energy levels increased moderately throughout the day.
We went to do the groceries and then came home to read books and play hide and seek. She's not very good at it, her idea to hide is to walk behind me, not a silly thing to do but rather cute.
Kaz and Danika came over at around 4pm and it was good to see the two catch up after a long time of absense, they each took a while to warm up but once they did OMG they could'nt stop laughing.
Donne picked maks up at half 4 - emailed Donne this morning at work for an update as to how she went lastnight &/or if she went to kindy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home