MaksDaddy Herald

The Prestigeous and critically acclaimed News Bulletin website that provides you with up to the minute news, views and goss as it happens, only later. circa since 1905

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Maks update 22nd Jan 08

Seemed like forever and a day since I'd last seen her and it very much felt like that after two weeks without seeing her. Back to the normal routine where I'd pick her up at kindy around 4pm and said hello and happy new year to the staff before Makayla came running up to me covered in sweat and covered in suntan lotion. I could tell she was exhausted so into the car she climbed and off home we went. We stopped off on the way at Aunty Karyn's house so she could see Danika as hot and tired myself I fell onto the couch as the kids played their games.
Only stayed an hour or so before we jumped back in the car and headed up home to get dinner ready. As soon as we were through the door I ran a luke warm bath to help cool her down but warm enough to give her a good wash. Then she played with Pohpoh while I cooked dinner for us all before her bed time.
Put her to bed just after 8pm but she some how still found my bed sometime early in the morning hours. When we woke up we had breakfast together watching the kids channel and then got dressed and jumped back in the car and off we went for the day. We went to Albany where I got her some more summer clothes and then before coming back to the city we stopped in to see friends Lana, Steve and Jade. Jade is now 4 months old and has more than doubled in size and she's a happy wee thing as she played with her toys that hung over her as her eyes showed sheer delight it their movements. After we sat down to enjoy a coffee I had a phone call from my soon to be 4 year old niece saying "Mike, your taking a long time !!! are you coming to visit?!! Hurry up, I want to see woawoa" So we said our goodbyes and drove to Karyn's where the two went about their usual bike rides around the open courtyard and painted pictures. Around 1-2pm we left and stopped by the Auckland Fish markets so I could get some Snapper for dinner and she likes to look at the fish too.
She basically went fast to sleep when I got her home so I put her down for just over an hour for fear I'd have a massive effort to get her into bed later that night.
The rest of the afternoon/evening is a little blurred but we both went to bed relatively early.
Sunday morning, Hmmm now what can I recall? Oh yes, we met up with Kylie and Robin with their two children Khan and Daria. It wasn't as hot this time so the animals were a little more active and did she see alot of animals but demanded I carry her from A to B. The zoo is a great place and think I'll start taking her there on a more regular basis as its a great educational experience for her and she does love it. On leaving around 1pm she was basically fast asleep before we left the car park so when we got home I put her down and then took a quick cat nap myself as a curled up on the couch. When we woke we went for a short walk for some fresh air before the rain came and then I took her back to Donne.
She screamed all the way, It's rediculous, I asked if she wanted to take her brand new hat in the car and she said "NO!" but JUST as soon as we got on the motorway, she wanted her hat, go figure :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home