MaksDaddy Herald

The Prestigeous and critically acclaimed News Bulletin website that provides you with up to the minute news, views and goss as it happens, only later. circa since 1905

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Denerau Golf Resort

Whilst spending most of the day racing around Fiji on my scooter I soon found my way to Denerau enroute to the Hard Rock Cafe for lunch when before I got to the marina I viewed the golf course. Pulling my scooter off to the side of the road and taking off my helmet I took some time to view the course through a golfers eye. Checking the undulating green, shape and feel of the fairway, hazards, size and speed of the greens. Before it got to me I was on my scooter and off for a massive feed with my usual order (tradition) but kept in mind that straight after lunch I'd pop on over to the club house and check it out.

When I got there I felt awful, being a golfer I would hate the distraction of noise and my scooter was making plenty and as a courteous golfer it felt dishonourable so I raced up the driveway and parked up as quickly as I could.
Approaching the main club house you enter by walking up a wide set of stairs and your faced with an open restaurant which was showing re-runs of the Super 14 (an easy distraction for me) but it wasn't my team so I walked into the pro shop (mostly because they had airconditioning and the heat was hard-on. They had Callaway's to rent but I couldn't go there without my own set and I'd never leave Bethel (my big dog driver) at home when I could play a course like this.

I asked the caddies for a copy of the course book and score card for my records to show Jase when I returned. Below are a few photo's I snapped up on my departure from the club house and it looks plush. A very flat course but after the back 9 at Terrace Downs, a flat course can surely show you a good challenge.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home