MaksDaddy Herald

The Prestigeous and critically acclaimed News Bulletin website that provides you with up to the minute news, views and goss as it happens, only later. circa since 1905

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Fiji Vacation Day 2

Bula

If I'd woke up for work I'd have been late so I must be running on Fiji time already being that they are an hour behind NZ.
After I slipped myself out of bed I went to the restaurant to order some breakfast and as I enjoyed my breakfast I was able to sit back and relax whilst watching the bbc news. After breakfast I took a 30 minute walk into Nadi and bought some essential items (bottles of water)and then hailed a taxi to take me back to the hotel.
After which I thought i should like to get around town a little more so I hired a scooter for the day and shot thru Nani and on the main route to Denerau only to find out that I was in actual fact on my way to Suva but I didn't care in the slightest I was having way too much fun, screams of joy could be heard as i raced down the road avoiding all the pot holes in the road, the further I got away from Nadi the roads opened up and became really smooth and I was enjoying myself way too much until I realised that I was basically well and truly on my way to Suva by this stage, one marker I passed said 165kms to Suva but I just kept riding as it was way too much fun. As the road drew on it became almost like driving at home so at that point I turned back and came back to the hotel. On arriving I found the true directions to Denerau Island and the reason I had to go was for one reason. On the bus ride from the airport to the hotel after arriving I saw a sign for a Hard Rock Cafe. That was IT, I have a travel tradition, that if there is a Hard Rock Cafe, I GO, no questions asked. But I thought I'd take in the sights of the golf course aswell while there (as a golfer I couldn't but Not) and it is a very scenic course, quite flat so I imagine the layout is none too easy. I optained a course book and score card for future reference as I'd like to play there some day.
Denerau Marina has a mix of NOT being TYPICAL Fiji, it's like crossing some sections of Sylvia Park with Gulf Harbour. After a quick look around the club house i was back on the bike trying to make it back before the rain came tumbling down. I decided to relax for a while at the poolside before taking a ride out to find the pizza place I'd heard my uncle stephen mention but to no avail - i just could not find it. mind you it was difficult as your constantly looking out for the pot holes in the road all-the-time. Then the rain came pouring down....
I ended up getting absolutely saturated, but I was wise to bring my wet weather top, so at least some of me stayed dry. There's a lot of rain still falling from the heavens and the occaisional thunder and lightening but soon i'll be safe under my bottle of Fiji Gold Beer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home