MaksDaddy Herald

The Prestigeous and critically acclaimed News Bulletin website that provides you with up to the minute news, views and goss as it happens, only later. circa since 1905

Monday, April 07, 2008

Orakei

This weekend started with abosulte boredom as my Saturday shift at work brought me only time to practise my guitar as it was completely dead. After work Donne had left her eftpos card at work so I popped over to see Maks for a few min's.
She ran into my arms holding a chocolate she was happily munching on with much satisfaction. I picked her up and put her into the car to which she started to cry as had in her mind that she was coming to stay with me I would expect. So I gave her a kiss and calmed her down and she waved her little hands bye bye to her daddy.
The night was spent in relative ease to save my strength for tomorrow's canyoning experience.

With daylight savings ending I enjoyed the extra hours sleep in before grabing my stuff and heading off to skycity for the Canyoning pick up. On arriving I ran into Mick outside starbucks as he waited for a coffee and some brekkie but the new I received on arriving was not good. Apparantly they need two tour guides on hand to run the trip and the four backups were unavailable so I ended up waiting around for the other lads to arrive to explain the details for which we now have to reschedule.

So with an early start and nothing to do I returned home and took a nap on the couch pondering what to do for the day. I texted Jase knowing he was working at his mothers cafe' so figured I could hit the driving range and then go for a meal out there but he said he was leaving after 1330hrs to go wake boarding in Orakei. So that was the afternoon plan but I still had much of the morning to kill so I started about the task of fixing my laptop and preparing all my statements to load my gst return.

I arrived at Orakei basin early with my guitar and happily played for a while until the others arrived and we jumped on the boat and got wet. I've never experienced anything like this before so was keen to try but just couldn't get up after 6-7 tries. For all my sporting experiences they all require leaning forward into anything whereas here you have to lean back and I couldn't trick my mind into doing so and kept leaning forward hense the big splash and drinking the mucky water.

I woke up this morning feeling very sore, but the fun factor was all there even if I didn't manage to get up out of the water.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home