MaksDaddy Herald

The Prestigeous and critically acclaimed News Bulletin website that provides you with up to the minute news, views and goss as it happens, only later. circa since 1905

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Nan Sha


Yesturday morning we departed Hong Kong by ferry to Nan Sha in China to play golf. The resort is quite stunning for where it's situated in the valley, there are two courses, the valley which is where we played and the mountain course. The course is a par 72 and relatively easy.... when you game is up to spec and shots aren't going left - right and over there. Was playing with copy callaway's and let me tell you that you can sure tell the difference straight away. Had a very difficult time putting as there was no feel off the face where I would put it as putting a marshmellow with how much feel you had on the greens. The greens in themselve where somewhat new to me as well, they were so hard I would place it as similar to a cricket pitch in NZ but dryer and in better condition. But a great course all round. The most exciting part of the round was that you have a caddie and these guy's are great. They organise your clubs, mark out distances, explain the greens, hand you your drink when you think your about to melt and just generally good company. I had a hard time judging distances as I'm metric and they operate in yards and I don't know how to calculate so had a rough time measuring out the field.
We stayed in the Nan Sha Hotel that night and the rooms were very accommodating and I relaxed in the big bath to soothe my aching back. We had dinner in the cantonese restaurant and I was thoroughly impressed by the impecable service. I would surely go back there again if not for the service, then the sweet and sour prawns, yummy.
Day two on the course today was somewhat better but was only able to drop 7 shots off from yesturday but struggling with the clubs and feel that next time will bring up my set as I'm more familiar with them. This morning we did the front 9 in about 1hour 40 mins then about 2.5hours on the back nine due to slow play up front, thought I was about to loose my mind as i've never been behind a slower bunch of people before so just had to concerntrate on the game at hand.
So now here I sit back here in Hong Kong listening to the sound track theme song from Mcguyver that my sister downloaded and turned on for my amusement.
Ok, next stop... New Zealand

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home