MaksDaddy Herald

The Prestigeous and critically acclaimed News Bulletin website that provides you with up to the minute news, views and goss as it happens, only later. circa since 1905

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Maksdaddy Golf Update

Yesturday I Joined Jason and Warren along with Alex for a round at Formosa Golf Course, a formidable links course with many challenging demanding fairways and greens. There are several courses around NZ that I've played where they may be a specific hole that can phycologically wear you thinm yet on this course there are at least 3 I have difficulty with. The Major one is on the par 4 17th hole where no matter how I change my swing, where I choose to aim or what club I choose that I will find myself in the same general area each and everytime.

I shot 20 over which makes it that for the day I ended up one over my handicap of 19, after playing from the white tee's due to lousy course conditions. There was much to my game that could use much attention, specifically though I would have to say 'everything', but more specifically I'd always concerntrate on my putting.
My new putter is better at helping me hit the chosen line, yet due to my lack in experiece and education in reading greens I'm still missreading the breaks and finding the chosen line to be often incorrect.

After my poor efforts yesturday I was worried that my handicap would be greatly affected but having checked it now it still hold tight at 17.2 requring at least two good rounds at high slope ratings to ensure my target of 15 or less by June

Playing Formosa and not having a driver really puts you at a disadvantage as most would still find that while playing off the white tee's that the fairways are still long. The blue tee's which we normally play from made playing the course completely different where altering the game from normal play and adjusting your game plan and strategy to fit to aiming to new areas we'd never aimed or played at in past.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home