MaksDaddy Herald

The Prestigeous and critically acclaimed News Bulletin website that provides you with up to the minute news, views and goss as it happens, only later. circa since 1905

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

My first time...

The title to this story may sound rather misleading but its truth is rather direct as tonight I went along to a beginners class for yoga cramped into a small room much like a sauna stuck in positions I care not to try and repeat frequently. The pungent smell of the room at first is strongly overbearing much like a mouldy scent of a wet towel only warmed up to just over room temp. I found that that the part I found easist was the concerntration required to control balance and breathing yet parts of my body would just not bend according to the natural laws of Yoga.
My friend Simon and his partner Yonne have been twice before and asked me if I'd like to try one session along with one of his colleagues from work and her sister. After about 10 minutes there is sweat dripping all over your body and probably a total of 30 in the class where at least 90% are female and the thought that continually went through my mind was that "...I'm half naked and I've usually exchanged converstaion or gone on a date with them before I get into a small room to get all hot and sweaty...."
Will I go back, possibly we will have to wait and see.

4 Comments:

  • At 2:14 am , Blogger Mary said...

    was it bikram in newmarket? i've been to that a couple of times, really should go back, i have a concession card thingee. If its the same one maybe i'll c u there sometime ;-)

     
  • At 12:27 pm , Blogger Mike J. Stark said...

    That's the one, knew it started with a "B"

     
  • At 2:16 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Good on you, Mike. I've always been a believer in the benefits of yoga - not so much getting all twisted and knotted - more the correct and controlled breathing. Love ya!!

     
  • At 3:44 am , Blogger Mary said...

    :-) well we should go sometime ... yes?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home