MaksDaddy Herald

The Prestigeous and critically acclaimed News Bulletin website that provides you with up to the minute news, views and goss as it happens, only later. circa since 1905

Monday, May 29, 2006

Weekends Golf

I had booked a round at Howick Golf course for an afternoon tee-off which was the earliest time available for 4 pax. However turning up on the day we were to find that the course had been closed due to the appauling weather conditions from throughout the week. Parking our cars just off the thoroughfare we jumped on the cell and called a few other places such as Wattle Cove and Manukau after writing-off Aviation as a possibility. Manukau was open but was closed for club champs, so we ended up driving back into the city to play 9 holes at good ol chamby (Chamberlain Park) where the course conditions lent some interesting moments.
Hole by Hole: Pulled my fav 5 wood from the bag and stepped up to the tee and put my patent draw leaving me with a great line to the green/pin before catching my 8 iron thin to still reach the green then miss my birdy putt by 1 ft to take a par on the first. Following that there was a bogey on the second and third, a par on the thrid then bogies on the next three holes before closing with two pars for 5over thru 9 holes. Which was enough to clinch the win by two strokes over my rival Mr. Johnson.

To summarise - Lately I've been feeling comfortable with my woods but not too confident when it comes to the ol irons.
I tried the new callaway x-tour irons and found them to match my swing perfectly and felt so nice trhoughout the entire swing so that's where my yearly bonus will be invested.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home