MaksDaddy Herald

The Prestigeous and critically acclaimed News Bulletin website that provides you with up to the minute news, views and goss as it happens, only later. circa since 1905

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Neville Ian Stark

Father to Five, Husband to Bernice and more recently Majorie, Grand father to Rachel, Rebecca, Marcia, Michael, Leanne, Karyn,Phillip, Matthew, Melissa, Kate & Andrew and Great Grand Father to Riley, Danika and Makayla. And countless more......
Loved by all whom knew him, those people came in shear numbers to pay their final respects to Neville Ian Stark at Hamilton's Salvation Army Hall yesturday.

The blessing of the day is that my mom and dad were able to make the funeral just in time. They were due to fly down from Hong Kong thursday night but a typhoon had kept all the planes grounded so they missed their scheduled departure time. They were trying to get on to a Qantas flight but could only get wait listed to which unfortunately they missed getting seats as many other people were also trying to find connecting flights out. Finally they were able to find seats on an Air New Zealand flight that would arrive into Auckland at 9am on the day of the funeral whereas the funeral service was scheduled to commence at 11am sharp. Jake kindly offered to pick them up from the airport and drive them down to hamilton where they made it at 10:55 and not a moment later. I was so happy to see them that I had to struggle to keep back the tears of sadness for the occaission and of shear joy that they had made it.

During the service Makayla was quite active to say the least but we got through with serveral kind words and pray's and dad admitting openly in public for the first time that I'm aware off that he used to steal the pinky bars from Grandad's service station back in the day. I had always thought he was much younger at the time but I learnt otherwise yesturday didn't I 'pinky boy'.
At the conclusion of the service I was a pallbearer carrying Grandad's body to the awaiting hearse and for a small buy, it weighted ALOT but even though I'm sure I've put a back mussle out it was a great honour.

After the service there were refreshment drinks with chit chat and mingling around the snack foods. Donne shinned brightly keeping a smile on my face as while makayla usually does that I was running around madly changing nappies, getting food and so on and so on but it's all good. After 30-60 minutes we decided to join Karyn back at their motel to relax for a small while but after stopping by burger king for some refreshments we received a call that the burial had been brought forward so headed directly out to Gordonton cemetary. Makayla was fast asleep and continued so even after putting her in her pushchair, not even the Corp band's music woke her.
More tears and final farewell's as his body was committed to the earth and flowers were placed over his casket and was happy to see his salvation army cap n hat perched aloft on the casket.

As noted below Donne came down with me which mean't so much to my family and was a welcome comfort of support and I cannot thank her enough for that. Your presence was greatly appreciated for making me laugh and keeping my spirits high.
Thank you

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home