MaksDaddy Herald

The Prestigeous and critically acclaimed News Bulletin website that provides you with up to the minute news, views and goss as it happens, only later. circa since 1905

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

MAKAYLA'S BIRTHDAY


For recollection purposes I will start with the more recent and work backwards from there.

This morning, Makayla woke as she heard the shower start thinking it was her Goong Goong in the shower but yelled back "it's PohPoh!!" then went around to see Goong Goong whom was seated in the lounge.
She had pher breakfast and toast with a smile as I readied for work taking a big big hug before departing for the office.
Lastnight she arrived somewhat dozy just before 6pm when Donne dropped her off after spending the day with her mom and grandies at Butterfly Creek, but as soon as we were upstairs and she saw her presents her eyes widend and she set about opening her birthday cards and presents with excitement. Then she set to the task of playing with all her new toys including a paint set she gleefully painted in her scrap book now laid out to dry. At her actual birth time I had some photo's taken of us as she officially clocked into a Three Year Old. After an hour or so of her reading her new books including a book I recalled reading as a child myself she sat down with me on the couch after the old's had gone to get dad's computer and new Iphone fixed. She lay against my side under the blanket as we watched the Numberjacks and then the highlights of the Augusta Masters (we have to take turn with the tv channels now).
SHe soon fell asleep which is when I transferred her to bed not to rouse until morning when she heard the shower.

Sunday, I woke with a big stretch and rolled over to see makayla fast asleep to my right. Hmm last I saw you little one you were snug in your own bed fast asleep. Who know's what hour of the morning she'd climbed up on to my bed and tucked herself in to my duvet. We watched one morning cartoon in my bed, well she did as I tried to catch a few more zzzz's, then got up to get breakfast.
About now its just after 7am and Simon joined us to watch the 3rd day of the Augusta Masters Live. So that took us through till 11am when I took maks out to ride her bike for a while in hope to tire her out so she could take a nap ha ha ha to which she did, climbing up wrapping her arms around my neck and putting her head down on my shoulder and promptly went to sleep. She'd been down about an hour in her bed when Jake arrived with a present for Maks but I let her sleep just a little longer as we caught up some. Not too long after Jake arriving, my dad who'd just flown into NZ came in the front door, so I crept into mak's room as simply and softely whispered. "...Goong goong's here". She rolled over rubbing her eyes taking in a big strentch before mentioning to me "I want to see". She slowly slid off her bed and stumbled out of the room with myself following behind as she stumbled towards Dad with upreached arms. She looked at Jake and pointed out the present he got her for xmas, so she remeber's everything now. She took about 10 minutes to wake up to gather interest in opening her present which was a stripped lion which for the next 2 days would hug and kiss, put to bed, put in the naughty corner and so on.
Then we changed her ready for her birthday party down at aunty Kaz's place so I put on her nice dress she'd picked out earlier and did her hair into 3 pony tails (cos she's three now) and then we walked down the road.
As soon as we arrived, her cousin Danika ran out to greet us jumping up and down as she sang Happy Birthday to Makayla. Maks was probably a little taken back by this greeting as she clung to my leg aggressively but as soon as the song ceased they ran off together and the rest was just games, games & more games. And shockingly enough I don't recall any fighting between the two, Strange ha ha ha.
It was getting dark and I figured that it's probably time to get her back to Donne so after we said our goodbye's to everyone we were on our way.

Saturday Morning, I woke again with the little one next to me as I clearly recall putting her in her own bed the night before. Cartoons in bed before brekkie, she know's where I keep the tv remote in my room !!!
NOW. recollection is getting rather dim here as I struggle to recall what we did...

All I recall from Saturday is when I dropped her back to Donne's place and we had a BBQ before coming back home lol

Friday, well that's a little easier, I think. I picked Maks up at Donne's house around 3pm and we came home where the usual mess unsued. We did stop off at foodtown for groceries on the way back and have to say she was pleasantly well behaved unlike previous trips undertaken there. The evening was filled with games, books, her making a mess and her dad cleaning it up cos he keeps tripping on everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home