MaksDaddy Herald

The Prestigeous and critically acclaimed News Bulletin website that provides you with up to the minute news, views and goss as it happens, only later. circa since 1905

Monday, April 21, 2008

Weekend Report - Saturday

I woke early deciding to use the time productively and hit the golf course to get the feeling back into my bones.
Didn't have the time to play the full 18 holes which was unfortunate but I didn't mind as I hadnt played for quite some time and was having some short game difficulties. My driver (Bethel) was still smoking hot making some very long drives down the fairway. I finished up the 9 at 5 over which wasnt too pleased with but ok seeing as though its been a while since my last game.
Cruising on home, I had a little fender bender on Nelson Street - gods way of telling me I should get a new car.
After sorting that out I just relaxed at home took a hot shower and sat back to play my guitar and wait for Donne's text.

About half one in the afternoon, I left for Makayla's birthday party at Lollipops in Ellerslie. This place was paradise for kids with plenty of activities to do. From a towering play fort, push cars, ride on things, merri-go-rounds and so on Reckon that if I was a kid and my parents wanted to go that I would be kicking a screaming wanting to stay. The party was wonderful, We had Makaylas tight knit group of friends from Kindy join us in the private kids party room we booked. We had Rosie, Hayden, Caleb, Eshan, cousin danika and other friends. My good friends Kylie and Robin joined us with their children Daria and Khan, Lana with her daughter Jade, My cousin stef with Hubby Carl and little boy Williams (future Team NZ skipper).
The wonderful about holding her party there is that if you read back over what we did last april 07' it was an absolute mission for Donne and I to get everything ready whereas this year it was much more relaxing for us not having to set up, cook the food then clean up. All we had to do it entertain ourselves, talk with friends and break up kids fights.
The kids looked adorable sitting in their kiddy chairs munching away all wearing party hats with maks at the head of the table sitting in a big fairy painted chair. After the meal they were all off running about - we tried to get them all back into the room to open mak's presents and it was similar to herding sheep.... but worse.

After everyone left I gave maks a goodbye kiss n hug then stopped off at Lifestyle Vehicles to catch up with my good mate Simon. While I waited for him I phoned the insurance company to lodge the claim then we locked up the car yard and popped over to his house to I could view their newly renovated rental property. The builder did an outstanding job opening up the living area and updating the kitchen and bathroom with more up to date quality products. I advised them to advertise it as an Entertainers rental.

After a short stopover at Simon's I was off to the airport to pick up 'The Swiss Gals' from the airport. Jessica and Virginia whom I first met on Manta-Ray and then caught up with them again on Beachcomber had spent the last 10 days travelling around the south island of new zealand. They arrived in Christchurch and drover north to kaikoura and had the pleasure of swimming in the cold water with approximately 100 wild dolphins before heading back south to queenstown. They had hoped to do a skydive in Queenstown however unfortunately the weather disallowed the jump for the 3 days they were there. Anyhow, I met them at the auckland domestic airport and we headed into the city and dropped them at their accommodation where we sat around and chatted for a while before I headed on home to grab some dinner.

The night ends...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home