MaksDaddy Herald

The Prestigeous and critically acclaimed News Bulletin website that provides you with up to the minute news, views and goss as it happens, only later. circa since 1905

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Maks update 31st August

Picking Maks up from kindy I found her seated licking the icing off a muffin until she saw me walk thru the door then she bolted full throttle towards me with open arms as I scooped her up in my arms. Putting her jacket and beanie on we umped in the car and ran on home with a stop off at the supermarket to grab our food for the weekend then it was off home. Once home I had to run off after Maks as she raced up the stairs from the car park with a slight advantage as I had all the groceries but always helpful that she can reach the buttons to the lift and reach the button to our floor so its one less thing to worry about when you have no spare hands.

We ran thru the door and as usual when Mom's here, maks hunted her down. Friday night was relatively uneventful as we just relaxed at home with just the two of us doing puzzles and her wanting to watch her kids programs. I put her down to sleep just after 8pm and followed suit not too long afterwards as I was completely knackered after taking a round of golf in prior to picking maks up at kindy.

I have no idea what time I first woke up but it was because I found I couldn't roll over as maks had found her way into my bed and was fast asleep. So with that I moved over and went back to sleep myself until I heard her slide off the bed and next I saw her she had completely dressed herself on her own which was brill seeing as tho I hadnt even gotten out of bed until she yanked the sheets right off me grabbed my hand and dragged me out to get her breakfast and turn her program on. Which game me about 10mins extra nap time then I was dragged out to do puzzles and play 'snap' which she won.

Danika showed up with mom a little later in the day and the two went about their usual games which usually involved making a mess of the place and running back and forth over and over again. Later in the afternoon I put maks into the bath after having given her dinner earlier whilst watching her Barbie movie...again. After the bath we dressed and raced out the door as we were late for her Aunty leighanns birthday party. Once there she was pretty much wrapped with playing with the other kids and I have to say that there was one girl slightly younger than her and two older girls and they just loved being with my little Maks. Where ever and what ever maks did they wanted to follow and do the same and totally controlled what ever they were doing without knowing as she was having far too much fun. The whole night was like that with me only having to check on her a few times when she'd stray out of sight and I had to set her some boundary lines. Donne laughed as maks tried to get at some wine and said that 'my' daughter was trying to drink some wine, I laughed and returned the jibe, "my daughter? takes after her mother I think". All good fun, but think she was just trying to get to the peanuts that were on the table behind the wine.

Sunday was just as quiet, with Danika staying the night so the two had their usual fun. Mom took them for a wallk down to the Warehouse to get an extra kiddies chair as they are fighting over the one pink chair so to end the scabble we now have two.

We stopped off to visit Simon and Yoni on the way back to Donnes for awhile so she could see Choco and Chanel then it was off to the Moults. I felt terrible on leaving for as we drove down the road towards there home she was sulking saying that she wanted to stay with me and then when I left to come home she burst into tears wanting to come with me. I'm sure she's over it well and truly by now but feel terrible nonetheless. So I thought a quick departure would be best as not to delay and dawdle delaying the moment longer than it needed to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home