MaksDaddy Herald

The Prestigeous and critically acclaimed News Bulletin website that provides you with up to the minute news, views and goss as it happens, only later. circa since 1905

Friday, September 05, 2008

Its a Hard Knock Life

Being a Single Father is not always easy but then again not always hard either but a fine balance. But yesturday I was struck down by a callous email constructed by my childs mother which caught both my mother & I off guard & totally brought my world to a crumpled up pile of dust. I can accept any such concerns she may have but the manner in which it was delivered was disrespectful & unjust. Speaking generically, we as single father's get little respect or support and can be easily stereotyped as the underdog in relation to the mother but thats our society isnt it. Men have come along way yet females CAN still exert their dominace and we are forced to cave in any situation.

The remarks that were covered upset me deeply in that I was marked as having some sort of 'Agenda' to fill my childs heads with some crazy thoughts. I love my child, and hold no agenda at all with the exception of one which is simply to wake up every morning breathe in and out and continue to do that for as long as I can. What I teach my child is nothing negative, its just unconditional love, teaching her strong morals and values, allowing her to learn and experience new things, support her learning, keep her fit & healthy and grow in life. I was marred for the fact that my daughter wanted to spend more time with me which I dont think is a crime but somehow I would be made the evil wrong doer. For the past month or more she has wished to stay longer, but I've always talked that over with her and that it was time for her to return to mommy. She is well aware of that fact and is familiar with the routine that her Mother and I have agreed too but this however doesnt stop a 3 year old demanding certain things or accepting when we draw the line that they still wont try crying as a form of a childs terrorism tactics LOL.
It is heart warming that she would want to spend more time with me & my relationship with my daughter never stays the same, we grow together and learn from each other which strengthens our relationship as Father & Daughter but in my time with her we share no ill will towards her mother or family and never would, not only would that be counter productive, we are not the family to ponder that scenario, ever. We support her as two sepearte families that she is apart of, and for my fatherly love which is without contestation shall continue till I breathe no more.

Her mother and I will often hit brick walls as this is not the first and not the last yet I will adapt and move on but I hold no negativity or ill will towards her at all regardless of her email as much as it upset met. She 'is' a lovely person and a great mother but for the record, tends to misplace her trust in people unjustly. I respect her for being one of the bravest and strongest people I know and there have been good times and really fucked up times but for me thats just life, roll with the punches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home