MaksDaddy Herald

The Prestigeous and critically acclaimed News Bulletin website that provides you with up to the minute news, views and goss as it happens, only later. circa since 1905

Friday, October 17, 2008

maks update 17/10/08

Donne dropped maks off to me on the thursday after I finished work just before 6pm. As they drove into the car park I saw my little girls little hand waving up at me thru the window. I reached in to undo her seatbelt and picked her up in my arms as she was dressed in her PJs with little pink slippers on as Donne had given her a bath before leaving her house. After we waived Donne goodby as she drove out of the car park it was upstairs to start out weekend of fun n games.

That evening was relatively uneventful with her sitting back to watch her Barbie movie over and over and over again and again, we also spent more time teaching her how to write her own name, coloured in some pictures for a colouring in competition they are holding at work for kids. Shortly after 8pm I put her into bed and sang a song to her before she went to sleep waking in the early hours of friday morning. The night before I'd shown her how to load her movie on my computer which I hold in my lounge area. That particular wall backs on to my bedroom wall so at about 7am I heard this happy scream from the lounge after some tapping and thumping on the computer keyboard saying "Daddy !!! I Did it !!!" meaning she'd started up the movie on her own as I snuggled my head into my pillow thinking 'k Mike, time to get up and get her breakfast now, come on you fat bastard."
She happily munched down her breakfast whilst watching her movie while I showered and dressed in ready for the days activities. The first activity was to pop into work quickly to hand in the colouring pictures she'd done the night before and check what accounts I had come in that day. We said a very quick hello and goodbye to a few people then ran across the road to foodtown where Aunty Kaz and Danika were waiting for us.
After we filled up with the weekend groceries we jumped in the car and I brought her home for a nap at around 11.30am and let her go dream for an hour and a half before she pop out of her room wiping the tiredness from her eyes and crawling up next to me on the couch as I finished watching the sport. Later that afternoon I decided to take her for a bike ride at Mission Bay where she rode from the park area right around to the next bay heading towards St. Helliers and then back again. Mom met us there and decided she'd take maks to see Danika and as they walked off to mom's car parked at the far end, I watched as she ran along the beach. As I drove home I passed the park and noticed Maks getting onto the swings so I had a little chuckle as I drove off. Can't recall what happend for the rest of the day but the following day we met up with Danika so Mom and I took them both down for a swim. Danika is really coming along with her swimming and maks too was doing quite well also considering it was only her second swimming lesson I'd given her.
After the swim I brought her home for a good nap before we left to have dinner with at my cousin stef's house with hubby and little boy William. Maks enjoyed playing with William, who's now about 7 months old now and growing fast, showing him how to play with the toys.

Sunday was to be a big day, so I packed up colouring in books, toys & my computer loaded with her movie as we left home shortly after 11am and on to our first stop being the Auckland Fish Markets for some Snapper, then to foodtown for the eye fillets then raced on over to my mate's house to sit back and enjoy.... BATHURST.
Maks, as usual had a great time with Yoni and the cats, didn't even need to bring out the computer either. We all had a great time, even maks sat back and pretended to drive a car around the bathurst track as we'd tell her ok your going thru the cutting now so you have a series of left and right corners, ok here's the dipper, alright now its a hard left around forest elbow, now hit the gas for the straight.
It was a complete laugh.
With time going on and 60 laps to go, I thought I'd get maks back to Donne before it gets to late and make it back in time to watch the race finish.... I still don't have the heart to tell maks we (Holden) lost.

Can't wait to spend time with her again, now that the weather has cleared up we're able to do what we've wanted to do all winter and GET OUTSIDE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home