MaksDaddy Herald

The Prestigeous and critically acclaimed News Bulletin website that provides you with up to the minute news, views and goss as it happens, only later. circa since 1905

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Aucklands Earth Quake


This evening while sitting watching tv and settling in for a somewhat of a late dinner on my couch I felt the couch roll, wobble and shake and the floor underneathe me moving. It was an earth quake near Orewa which is about 20 mins north of where I live in Aucklands CBD. Living on the 7th floor I'm guessing the shake of the building exaggerated the feeling and motion, however it most definately was felt throughout auckland.

I had a call shortly after from Danielle to say she felt her bed moving around, I called Donne and she was at her brother Jason's in Howick and they didn't feel it there. I spoke with a work friend of Donne's who lives in New Market and she definately felt it.

there was a total of two quakes in the same region and no reports of strutural damage in any auckland area as yet, however it was enough to warrant the closure of the Auckland Airport in order to allow time to inspect the runway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home