MaksDaddy Herald

The Prestigeous and critically acclaimed News Bulletin website that provides you with up to the minute news, views and goss as it happens, only later. circa since 1905

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A Golfer's Test

Here's a little test: If your standing out in the open air and you notice an object near or far do you test the distance thinking "hmmm that cars about an 8 iron away?" or do you take it one step further "approx 135 meters, 1 metre down angle, wind right to left moderate head wind. Options: Full 8 iron or 7 iron on half backswing an 80% of maximum effort."

I find myself running those thoughts often when even in the open air standing around chilling. So that's Mike, with golf on his mind when he has a moment to spare as an escape from work and the perfect way to test myself. After two months from picking my clubs up last the boys and I headed out early sunday morning to Manukau Golf Course for a round. Never played that course before but after walking off the 18th green after some pretty heavy rain and wind spells i ended up with a score of 87 or 15 over par. Normally I'd be pretty pissed with that kind of score but seeing as though its only my 6th round for the year and we played in some terrible conditions it was a score I could accept falling only 1 short of Dale "daly" Heighway and Simon "Singh" Johnson who've played the course several times already this year so was able to hold my own.
As we walked up to the 18th green the heaven's opened up and dropped a bucket on us then the hail set in turning the green into white, so we were pretty happy we'd just finished our last putts prior to that setting in. On average I'd have to say we had heavy rain approximately every three holes where we were constantly putting on and taking off our wet weather gear and thank god I remembered to pack it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home