MaksDaddy Herald

The Prestigeous and critically acclaimed News Bulletin website that provides you with up to the minute news, views and goss as it happens, only later. circa since 1905

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Maks Update Oct 28th

Friday: Walking up the ramp to the front door of Makayla's kindy I found her hanging from the play gym rings happily swinging away until she saw me then dropped and ran to meet me at the door. I had about 5 meters to reach the door, she had about 15 yet I entered thru the door she was jumping up and down for me. Scooping her up in my arms with a big hug we said goodbye to Caleb her friend who's birthday party we would attend the following day.
As soon as we got home she demanded that I put 'her' movie Barbie: The Island Princess on to which she happily set about watching it over and over. I asked if she wanted to go for a swim and preferred to watch her movie which was ok as she had abit of a cough going again. After dinner we decided to hmmm watch the barbie movie again before I put her in the bath and readied her for bed. Placing her down to rest her head I read her a short story before she closed her eyes and fell fast asleep so i gave her a kiss on her forehead and went to bed myself.
Saturday: about 1040 we arrived at her friend Calebs birthday party and the Ellerslie YMCA held in the gymnasium with all the kids playing various games. It was great for they had so much room to run around and play, her best friend rosie was there too and they both loved swinging on the gymnastic rings time and time again. They put on a lovely spread with so many lollies I almost felt sick looking at it all but allowed maks to have a good share so long as she knew that she wouldnt be getting anymore for the rest of the weekend. After the party we came home and took a nap as we were both exhausted and must've gone down for a couple of hours after running around at the party. Later that afternoon sort of eludes me, but at some point Danika came round and the two played for a while and watched a new barbie movie I got. That evening I gave maks a bath so it would free me up to watch the Rugby final between Canterbury and Wellington with Red taking the win by one point. After the game we sent Danika home and I put maks to bed after I sung her a short song but ended up coming out as she couldnt sleep so I put her in my bed for a while until she fell asleep and when I came to bed I transferred her to her bed.
Sunday:having an early round of golf scheduled it was a change for me to be up before her, after I was ready I walked in and gave her a bug and kiss then left for my car only forgetting the keys, Do'h, so heading back inside I found maks sitting on the couch after just turning her kids programs on, I had to laugh.
After the game I got home just after midday and went down to my sisters house where mom had taken her to see Danika and the rest of the family. Stef and Carl were there with baby William almost ready to start crawling and is not too far from it all.
I could see maks starting to get a bit scratchy and iritated so it picked her up and we came home to have a rest and I surely needed it after my round of golf earlier in the day with my back in much pain. After our nap she took a while to wake up so on came The Island Princess (no surprises there) but we only played the songs she could sing along to. Crikey mind blank can't recall what we did after that LOL i think that we just took it easy, practising to write her name, drawing and lots of cuddles and tickles hahaha
Monday: The morning was quiet as we waited for mom the pack ready to fly off to Hong Kong so when she was finally ready we jumped in the car and went to pick Kaz up. There was still a bit of time so the kids played around for a while before deciding to watch yet another Barbie movie (one I dont have....yet) but they tired of that quickly which was ok as was time to head off to the airport. Once there we all had lunch together and then raced to the 3rd level to wave goodbye to mom after she'd passed thru immigration. On the way home I decided to take the long slow drive home to allow maks time for a decent nap in the car as we also had to drop Kaz and Danika home. When we finally got home she was refreshed and rip roaring ready to go and we still had 2 hours spare before Donne picked her up on her way to a friends so that time was spent productively writing, chasing her around, playing hide and seek and eating some fruit. Donne picked her up sometime after 4pm where afterwards I caught a good nap after a very long weekend of fun.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home