MaksDaddy Herald

The Prestigeous and critically acclaimed News Bulletin website that provides you with up to the minute news, views and goss as it happens, only later. circa since 1905

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Golf Update

I've been playing golf for the fast 5 years now and really only started to get into it properly in the last year. The time that made a difference was when I went down to Terrace Downs with the boys and played pretty well for how I played at that time and figured I step up the practise and look at the game more seriously. Over the past year I worked on my game working on my swing fundamentals and actually practised my short game and brought my level to a point that my current clubs weren't quite cutting the mustard and required new clubs to take the next step.
Immediately on the purchase of my Callaway x-tour irons my game took into overdrive with their design creating a more fluid swing and my consistency increased, albeit there is still much work in that area yet it has risen increasingly from the number of errors I would make on the course a year ago. Having a big dog driver has also helped whereas before the biggest club in my bag was a 15 degree 3 wood. The x460 tour driver has been most beneficial when its running hot but it's alway come own to my short game, no point getting on the green in regulation and 2-3 putting for par or bogey.
I was given a free swing lesson yesturday at City Golf and they were most impressed I've built up a 14 handicapp within the year from where I used to be at 24. And basically changed a small technique in my backswing which is only a small adjustment to what I do presently to increase my consistency so looking forward to my next round or practise.
Still have to work on the putting as it's been running cold lately and just not sinking the crucial putts to keep my score down. That will come with mind over matter and getting my head properly prepared on the green.

**Maksdaddy**

1 Comments:

  • At 3:36 pm , Blogger Mike J. Stark said...

    My Weapons of choice

    Driver : Callaway 460 x tour driver 9.5 degree fujikura speeder shaft stiff flex

    Wood : Callaway x-tour 15degree fujikura speeder shaft stiff flex

    Irons : Callaway x-tour (3-pw) S300 shafts

    Wedges : Titleist 52 & 56 degree (56 is spin milled)

    Putter : Oddessy White Steel two ball putter

    Balls : Titleist NXT Tours or Pro V1's

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home