MaksDaddy Herald

The Prestigeous and critically acclaimed News Bulletin website that provides you with up to the minute news, views and goss as it happens, only later. circa since 1905

Monday, September 11, 2006

5 years on

We all remember the actions taken 5 years ago by terrorist involed in 9/11 which shocked the world and brought everything to a standstill. I remember hearing the news as I was getting ready for work and listening to the radio hearing them on the street talking to random people asking them what they thought. I had no idea what was going on until they mentioned "Have you heard what's happened, what are you thoughts...." "No what's happend?" at this point I knew something was up and jumped over bed and couch to turn on my tv and what I saw was anything short of absolute shock. My eye's glued and fixated to the tv screen as I saw the north tower of the World trade twin towers on fire and then it happend, a second plane smashed head-on into the south tower. I fell back on the ground jaw dropping to the flaw and my heart racing as large plumes of fire raced through and up the building. I sat on the edge watching people jumping from the buildings and knew this was no multi million dollar movie with stunt people. They were real people with family's and people who loved them and it brought the city to their knee's.

Lastnight I watched a new documentary on 9/11 based on the people who survived and their stories of heroism, love and courage and of cowadice. It hurts me to use the word cowardice but in life n death situations many people are forced between the fine line of an immediate decision that could either mean they live... or not.
For all the brave men and women, we remember.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:05 am , Blogger Rob Good said...

    We will not forget.

     
  • At 10:42 am , Blogger Mike J. Stark said...

    They deserve to be remembered for all whom lost their lives that day. You've been to the site of ground zero which must've left an impression in your mind. We can view pictures on the web or in books but to stand in the presence is somethings completly surreal

     
  • At 6:30 am , Blogger Rob Good said...

    It certainly was Mike.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home